To Councillors: Jon Sebright (Chairman), Sara Box, Helen Neary, Philip Warden and Stephen Marsh
You are hereby summoned to attend an online Meeting of the Parish Council to be held at 7.30pm on Tuesday 14th July 2020 with online access from the following web address: http://www.templecloud.org.uk/meeting.
Philip Edwards, Parish Clerk, 8th July 2020
In accordance with Standing Order 2.6, photographing, recording, broadcasting or transmitting the proceedings of a meeting by any means is permitted unless the public are excluded by reason of the confidential nature of the business or where publicity would be prejudicial to the public interest. Please notify the clerk of any intention to film a meeting in order that necessary arrangements can be made.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION
Members of the public and press are entitled to attend the meeting unless the Parish Council by resolution enters confidential session. Within this public session, members of the public may make representations, ask and answer questions and give evidence on any matter affecting or of concern, by addressing the Chairman.
Members of the public are requested to raise any matter during this session as the rest of the meeting is not open to public participation.
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To note and decide on apologies for absence.
DECLARATION OF INTEREST
To consider any requests of dispensations and to receive any declarations of disclosable pecuniary or personal
interests in accordance with the PC Code of Conduct and to consider and grant any dispensation requests.
CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES
That the minutes of the meeting of the Parish Council Meeting which took place on Tuesday 9th June 2020 are
approved as an accurate record and signed by the Chairman. http://www.templecloud.org.uk/2020-06-minutes-draft/
Update from the Chairman.
- To note the new notice boards have been erected by Cllr Warden and Philip Edwards. Expression of thank to Cllr Warden for all his hard work to complete this alongside the village operative. See: http://www.templecloud.org.uk/galleries/new-notice-boards/
- TO RESOLVE: PC response to the request to declare a climate emergency
- Update on bins and notices, including BANES signs. http://www.templecloud.org.uk/galleries/litter-notices-july-2020/
- Fire alarm fault has been fixed. Alarm test and emergency lighting test has been arranged and carried out, awaiting report on some lighting failures.
- Update on CCTV signs – TO RESOLVE purchase of larger A3 size sign for up to £30 for Village Hall wall.
- Update on speeding through the village
- Update on antisocial behaviour reports via facebook community in the village.
- WCAG compliance updates to website (see https://www.gov.uk/service-manual/helping-people-to-use-your-service/making-your-service-accessible-an-introduction for background)
- Cilca training has resumed online, and Clerks Cilca training and portfolio is progressing.
- To note a letter has been sent to BANES re the TPO request on playing field lane.
- TO RESOLVE – Internal auditor’s quote for 2020-21
- Update on BANES response to local plan: http://www.templecloud.org.uk/banes-council-sets-out-response-to-mendip-local-plan/
PLAYGROUND AND VILLAGE HALL OPENING
TO RESOLVE opening the playground and approving the risk assessment.
- Risk Assessment: http://www.templecloud.org.uk/documents/covid-19-playground-risk-assessment/
- Signs: http://www.templecloud.org.uk/playground-opening/
- Councillors sent email ref: ‘PCM0720 Park Re-opening’ 6/7/2020
TO RESOLVE opening the village hall to bookings.
Review of deep cleaning costs, electricity use and fee rates. To review future rates for school if hall required in September.
To note: Government guidelines on activities not permitted (S.3c of guidelines in gov.uk link below):
Indoor community facilities should also not permit sports activities that would typically take place in a gym, sports venue, or a fitness or dancing studio – these venues have not yet been permitted to open. – Edit 9/7/20 Announcement that indoor gyms may open from 25th July: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-announces-gyms-and-pools-to-reopen-safely
- Government guidelines on v hall: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-for-the-safe-use-of-multi-purpose-community-facilities/covid-19-guidance-for-the-safe-use-of-multi-purpose-community-facilities
- Latest announcement https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-announces-gyms-and-pools-to-reopen-safely
- Government guidance on cleaning: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-decontamination-in-non-healthcare-settings/covid-19-decontamination-in-non-healthcare-settings
CIRCUS SCHOOL REQUEST FOR HIRE OF FIELD
To note and resolve the PC’s response to correspondance regarding hire of the playing field for a circus tent and associated event.
- Councillors to review email subject ‘PCM0720 Fwd: Circus Show’ forwarded 6/7/20
- For government guidance see: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/safer-public-places-urban-centres-and-green-spaces-covid-19
- Group numbers: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/staying-alert-and-safe-social-distancing/staying-alert-and-safe-social-distancing-after-4-july
- Covid 19 secure guidance performing arts: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/performing-arts
- Law: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/684/contents/made
See appendix for breakdown: http://www.templecloud.org.uk/2020-07-pcm-agenda/2/
- To note: regular payments for the month totalling: £1,594.92
- To note: credit card payments for the month totalling: £228.94
- To note other payments for the month totalling: £104.00
- TO RESOLVE payments to approve for the month totalling: £3,510.12
- To note income for the month totalling: £11,368.71
- TO RESOLVE bank reconcilliation: see appendix: http://www.templecloud.org.uk/2020-07-pcm-agenda/3/
VILLAGE HALL AREA DEVELOPMENT
To note the updated report ‘Grand Plan’ on projects and planning considered for and around the village hall.
Pavillion demolition update: Metal scrappage has been investigated and no further action to be taken. School has been given first refusal on sports equipment. Key items have been removed and placed in V Hall.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING
TO RESOLVE: Date of next scheduled meeting of the Parish Council: Tuesday 8th September 2020