To Councillors: Jon Sebright (Chairman), Sara Box, Helen Neary, Philip Warden and Stephen Marsh
You are hereby summoned to attend an online Meeting of the Parish Council to be held at 7.30pm on Tuesday 8th September 2020 with online access from the following web address: http://www.templecloud.org.uk/meeting.
Philip Edwards, Parish Clerk, 2nd September 2020
In accordance with Standing Order 2.6, photographing, recording, broadcasting or transmitting the proceedings of a meeting by any means is permitted unless the public are excluded by reason of the confidential nature of the business or where publicity would be prejudicial to the public interest. Please notify the clerk of any intention to film a meeting in order that necessary arrangements can be made.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION
An opportunity to raise questions regarding local issues with the local community police team will be offered during this public participation session.
Members of the public and press are entitled to attend the meeting unless the Parish Council by resolution enters confidential session. Within this public session, members of the public may make representations, ask and answer questions and give evidence on any matter affecting or of concern, by addressing the Chairman.
Members of the public are requested to raise any matter during this session as the rest of the meeting is not open to public participation.
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To note and decide on apologies for absence.
DECLARATION OF INTEREST
To consider any requests of dispensations and to receive any declarations of disclosable pecuniary or personal
interests in accordance with the PC Code of Conduct and to consider and grant any dispensation requests.
CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES
That the minutes of the meeting of the Parish Council Meeting which took place on Tuesday 9th June 2020 are
approved as an accurate record and signed by the Chairman. http://www.templecloud.org.uk/draft-minutes-parish-council-meeting-july-14th-2020/
Update from the Chairman.
To express thanks to Bath Ramblers for their work in clearing some of the major overgrowth above Chelwood Farm and in Eastcourt woods.
- A member of the public requested that the council consider available space for allotments. The Clerk has contacted the management of the Brandon Close development to request and update about the planned growing spaces on the new development and is currently waiting for a response.
- A member of the public requested that the footpath hedge be trimmed from the Village Hall along the back of the Brandown Close development. The Clerk has requested that the management company of the new development trim this hedge and check the trees as this comes under the their repsponsibility.
- The Clerk requested assistance of the Ramblers to clear some of the major overgrowth on the footpath above Chelwood Farm, and also in Eastcourt Woods. This was arranged and completed on 27th August. The Chairman will be expressing the Parish Council’s thanks to the Ramblers in the Chairman’s report.
- The Clerk received notification of a temporary tree preservation order for one of the Oak Trees on playing field lane. The Clerk is requesting clarification regarding a second tree that was requested for TPO consideration in previous correspondence.
- The Village Hall has had the emergency lights repaired in line with the inspection report, the overhead emergency spot lights in the Hall are to be repaired. An external power socket has been added to the back of the Village Hall, with a lockable box and internal isolator.
- Village Hall Bookings are being reinstated for COVID secure organisations in line with the Parish Council’s suggested risk assessment.
- The Village Hall has been hired on Wednessday evenings by a choir. There is a potential overlap with the Childrens club.
- Cllr Warden and the Clerk attended the ALCA Planning in Plain English training on 1st September.
- The Clerk has notified BANES of a damaged bus shelter outside Cholwell Farm.
- Temple Cloud in Bloom have contributed to the planting and upkeep of the village hall car park central island.
- The Clerk wrote to the school about their trees and they have cut back the trees along their boundary with the village hall.
- To note Cllr Warden has been in discussion with a parishoner regarding re-wilding.
- TO RESOLVE: Informal request for consultation regarding parking: https://1drv.ms/b/s!AtoBPP1dQfR0gqxBJIzWuiMgy4Hsng?e=D5mhqY
EASTCOURT WOODS FOOTPATH PROPOSALS FROM BANES
To note and consider supporting in principle the following proposals from BANES which may be resolved at the October meeting. Sheila Petheridge from BANES can be available to present the proposals in the October meeting and would require the local community and Parish Council to support these proposals in order to proceed.
- These proposals would be funded by a Unilateral Undertaking. The developer, via the Planning Appeal chose to include a contribution for use on public footpaths within the immediate vicinity. If the money is not used for this purpose it has to be repaid to the developer.
- Proposed installation of a natural woodland path CL1/5 at the rear of Brandown Close.
- Proposed in 2 phases. Phase one 200 metres. Phase two 300 metres
- Proposal to rationalize the footpaths in that area with a diversion order under the Highways Act 1980. The proposal takes the path down the side of the Recreation ground which needs approval of the Parish Council. The diversion order would be funded by the UU money also. See attachment: http://www.templecloud.org.uk/documents/footpath-proposals/
See appendix for breakdown: http://www.templecloud.org.uk/agenda-parish-council-meeting-september-8th-2020/2/
- To note: The new 2020 national salary award NALC pay scales for the Clerk’s contract of employment. https://1drv.ms/b/s!AtoBPP1dQfR0gqwKEI9qt0bpY9_C7Q?e=FCtX58
- To note: the Nationwide savings account has been set up with an initial transfer of £100 and is ready to use.
- To note: regular payments for the last two months totalling: £1594.92 in July, £1595.12 in August
- To note: credit card payments for the last two months totalling: £117.88 in July, £136.88 in August
- To note other payments for the last two months totalling: £589.89
- TO RESOLVE transfers to approve totalling: £74900 and £25000
- To note income for the last two months totalling: £88
- TO RESOLVE bank reconcilliation: see appendix: http://www.templecloud.org.uk/agenda-parish-council-meeting-september-8th-2020/3/
VILLAGE HALL AREA DEVELOPMENT
Pavillion demolition update: An asbestos survey has been completed by the contractor who has confirmed they will be able to comply with statutory requirements for demolition.
The electricity has been disconnected to the Pavillion. The school and a sport coach have both visited to remove any wanted items.
The working party recommended that the remaining pavillion surface be finished as tarmac to match the level and extents of the volley ball court. Possible use for consideration could then include a half court tennis wall. A price has been requested from the contractor for the tarmac.
Requests for Consultation:
- Cameley C Of E Vc Primary School: https://www.bathnes.gov.uk/webforms/planning/details.html?refval=20/02978/FUL to reply by 14th September
- NALC white paper: https://1drv.ms/b/s!AtoBPP1dQfR0gqwJbatrtWB2YnnGHQ?e=ZriAmn Planning for the future to reply by 15th October
TO RESOLVE: Adoption of WCAG Compliance Statement: http://www.templecloud.org.uk/documents/wcag-compliance-statement/
The Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018, Part 2 Reg 8 requires that the Parish Council publish an accessibility statement for the website.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING
TO RESOLVE: Date of next scheduled meeting of the Parish Council: Tuesday 13th October 2020