To Councillors: Jon Sebright (Chairman), Sara Box, Helen Neary, Philip Warden and Stephen Marsh
You are hereby summoned to attend an online Meeting of the Parish Council to be held at 7.30pm on Tuesday 13th October 2020 with online access from the following web address: http://www.templecloud.org.uk/meeting.
Philip Edwards, Parish Clerk, 8th October 2020
In accordance with Standing Order 2.6, photographing, recording, broadcasting or transmitting the proceedings of a meeting by any means is permitted unless the public are excluded by reason of the confidential nature of the business or where publicity would be prejudicial to the public interest. Please notify the clerk of any intention to film a meeting in order that necessary arrangements can be made.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION
Members of the public and press are entitled to attend the meeting unless the Parish Council by resolution enters a confidential session. Within this public session, members of the public may make representations, ask and answer questions and give evidence on any matter affecting or of concern, by addressing the Chairman.
Members of the public are requested to raise any matter during this session as the rest of the meeting is not open to public participation.
An introduction from the team who will provisionally be using the Village Hall 23rd to 26th November for filming. The team will be working with director Sophie Littman on a BBC and BFI financed short film: ” This short, Know The Grass, follows three siblings in an uncanny trip to their local community center. During their journey, as family secrets are revealed, the film’s subtext develops and focuses on mental health awareness and anxiety. “
EASTCOURT WOODS FOOTPATH PRESENTATION FROM BANES
Presentation from Sheila Petheridge from BANES regarding footpath proposals for Eastcourt Woods and the surrounding area. The Parish Council have expressed support in principle for the proposed installation of a natural woodland path CL1/5 at the rear of Brandown Close.
- These proposals would be funded by a Unilateral Undertaking. The developer, via the Planning Appeal chose to include a contribution for use on public footpaths within the immediate vicinity. If the money is not used for this purpose it has to be repaid to the developer.
- Proposed installation of a natural woodland path CL1/5 at the rear of Brandown Close.
- Proposed in 2 phases. Phase one 200 metres. Phase two 300 metres
- Proposal to rationalize the footpaths in that area with a diversion order under the Highways Act 1980. The proposal takes the path down the side of the Recreation ground which needs approval of the Parish Council. The diversion order would be funded by the UU money also.
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To note and decide on apologies for absence.
DECLARATION OF INTEREST
To consider any requests of dispensations and to receive any declarations of disclosable pecuniary or personal
interests in accordance with the PC Code of Conduct and to consider and grant any dispensation requests.
CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES
That the minutes of the meeting of the Parish Council Meeting which took place on Tuesday 8th September 2020 are
approved as an accurate record and signed by the Chairman.
Update from the Chairman:
Remote CCTV access has been set up
Badger Damage has been inspected and seeding recommended
CO-OPTION OF NEW MEMBER
TO RESOLVE: The co-option of a new member.
- HAGS have completed additional work on the activity net to resolve the ongoing issue of finger traps between the net and central pole.
- The external auditors report and certificate have been received. A notice of conclusion of audit was published on 17th September 2020 in line with statutory requirements. The auditors report states:
- ” On the basis of our review of Sections 1 and 2 of the Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR), in our opinion the information in Sections 1 and 2 of the AGAR is in accordance with Proper Practices and no other matters have come to our attention giving cause for concern that relevant legislation and regulatory requirements have not been met. “
- The Clerk has contacted BANES Environmental Services to request assistance in organising the clearing up a large amount of black bags in the River Cam in Cameley.
- A grant application has been sent to Dst Cllr David Wood for support with the consultation process for the proposed pump track and other leisure amenities around the village hall and playing field.
- A complaint was received from a resident regarding grass cuttings left on path by CURO. Village Operative has inspected and the area appears to have been tidied.
- A message was received regarding the rationale of leaf blowing on the A37.
- TO RESOLVE: Hire rates of the Village Hall for the school.
(See APPENDIX 1: Monthly Cash Book Entries for breakdown)
1. Credit card payments in Sept to report: £85.66
2. Other payments in Sept to report: £688.26
3. Regular payments in Sept to report: £1612.92
4. TO RESOLVE: Payments to approve: £1552.40
5. TO RESOLVE: Per Financial Regs 2.2 to appoint a member (other than the Chairman) to verify and sign the bank reconciliation, statements and report the conclusion. See APPENDIX 2: Bank Reconciliation.
PAVILION SURFACE AND FOOTPATH
TO RESOLVE: Decide on the surface to be reinstated after the pavilion demolition. A price for tarmac has been obtained. The cost of tarmac is significant enough to consider reviewing the public consultation process before proceeding. Alternatives to consider could be to restore to grass, keep a concrete base, or install cotswold self binding gravel.
FOOTPATH FROM CAR PARK TO PLAYGROUND
To decide on the installation of a new footpath from the car park to the playing field in response to community requests for a footpath.
TO RESOLVE: Appropriate timing to do this
TO RESOLVE: Surface to use for the path – tarmac or cotswold self binding gravel
TO RESOLVE: Route of the footpath
TO RESOLVE: Select supplier from quotes provided
- TO RESOLVE: NALC white paper: Planning for the future to reply by 15th October.
- TO RESOLVE: Planning Application – 20/03215/ADCOU – Consultation Request (Cameley)
- TO RESOLVE: Planning Application – 20/03604/OUT – Consultation Request (The Square)
- TO RESOLVE: A notice of Public Footpath Diversion Order along with a copy of the order has been received by the Parish Council. Any representations or objections must be made by 5 November 2020:
- See: CAMELEY FISHPONDS (CL1/29 AND 30), CAMELEY: https://www.bathnes.gov.uk/services/streets-and-highway-maintenance/public-rights-way/prow-legal-order-case-documents/public
- For Order: https://www.bathnes.gov.uk/sites/default/files/sitedocuments/Streets-and-Highway-Maintenance/FootpathsandPublicrightsofway/05_sealed_order_cl1-29_30.pdf
To lookup planning application references: https://www.bathnes.gov.uk/webforms/planning/search.html:
DATE OF NEXT MEETING
TO RESOLVE: Date of next scheduled meeting of the Parish Council: Tuesday 10th November 2020