Nominations for the Community Award (Hosted by the Chair of Bath & North East Somerset Council) are invited by 21st December 2018.
The Community Awards 2018/19 recognises volunteers, community leaders, staff and businesses that make a positive contribution to the local community, putting people first and inspiring others to get involved. The Awards contribute to BANES Council’s vision to make ‘Bath and North East Somerset an even better place to live, work and visit’.
Residents, staff, councillors, businesses, organisations and groups, teachers, and volunteers from Bath and North East Somerset can nominate people for the following categories:
Category 1 – Volunteering in the Community Awards
- Volunteer of the Year / Young Volunteer of the Year (25 and Under)
- Volunteer Leader of the Year / Young Volunteer Leader of the Year (25 and Under)
- Volunteer Team or Young Volunteer Team (25 and Under)
- Carer of the Year / Young Carer of the Year
- The Peter Duppa-Miller Lifetime Achievement
Category 2 – Business in the Community Award
- Business of the Year
Category 3 – Service to the Community
- Employee of the Year
- Employee Team of the Year
- Above and Beyond (Employee)
In addition to the awards the Chair may also identify one or more individuals or groups from the nominations received to present a ‘Special Award’.
For more information about who can nominate, how to nominate and what’s next, visit the BANES Council Community Awards website.