What to do if you think you might have coronavirus symptoms
If you have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19); a high temperature and/or a new, continuous cough, the NHS advice is to:
– stay at home and do not leave your house for 7 days from when your symptoms started (this action will help protect others in your community while you are infectious)
– plan ahead and ask others for help to ensure that you can successfully stay at home- ask your friends and family to help you to get the things you need to stay at home
– stay at least 2 metres (about 3 steps) away from other people in your home whenever possible.
– sleep alone, if that is possible- wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, each time using soap and water.
– stay away from vulnerable individuals such as the elderly and those with underlying health conditions as much as possible
– you do not need to call NHS111 to go into self-isolation. If your symptoms worsen during home isolation or are no better after 7 days contact NHS 111 online. https://111.nhs.uk/
If you have no internet access, you should call NHS 111. For a medical emergency dial 999
More information on: ‘Staying at Home’ can be found by clicking this link. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-people-with-confirmed-or-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection
Many thanks for your continued help in this matter.
B&NES Council Public Health Team