Present: Jon Sebright (Chairman), Sara Box, Helen Neary, Philip Warden and Stephen Marsh
Also Present: Dst Cllr D Wood, Clerk: Philip Edwards, 2 members of the public
2020-11_1. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION
A question was received regarding making the crossing safer at the south entry to Temple Cloud below Peterside.
A question was received regarding installing more play equipment in the playground for under three year olds. This was noted to be considered by the Parish Council.
A question was raised regarding a group for toddler and parent groups in the village hall. Applications to use the village hall would be welcome by local community groups would be welcome.
An update was received from Dst Cllr D Wood:
Ann Morgan along with Dst Cllr D Wood are assisting the parish council with organising the Christmas Tree this year.
The Cameley Kids Zone has been disbanded and so the £400 grant will be offered elsewhere.
AQMA – results of consultation will be published on the councils website. Solutions being investigated include:
– Innovative technology (described as a Pollution hoover) is being investigated further.
– A width restriction on the A37 was considered unviable.
– A Footpath from Molly Close through fields is being planned and requires a legal order and works.
– Cutting back tree canopy over road is being planned to allow better ventilation.
– Options are being considered to slow down traffic approaching from south.
2020-11_2. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
There were no apologies for absence.
2020-11_3. DECLARATION OF INTEREST
There were no requests of dispensations or declarations of disclosable pecuniary or personal interests.
2020-11_4. CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES
The minutes of the meeting of the Parish Council Meeting which took place on Tuesday 13th October 2020 were
approved as an accurate record and signed by the Chairman.
2020-11_5. CHAIRMANS REPORT
An update was received from the Chairman.
- The Chairman highlighted a request for Chew Valley Group members. Volunteers will be asked in the local community.
- The Chairman gave an introduction to the draft Action Plan. The council will review the draft action plan for approval at a later meeting.
2020-11_6. CLERKS REPORT
- Correspondence: A request was received to use the village hall car park to sell burgers. The Parish Council concluded it would be preferable to support the local businesses and pub with take away services at this time. This could be reviewed in six months.
- Christmas Tree – The launch will be Sunday 6th December 4.00pm to be promoted as a live event on Facebook
- Clerk Training update: Cilca Unit 1 has been assessed and an exemplary submission was awarded.
- The Clerk gave a report on ongoing badger damage and solutions.
- The Clerk gave an update on the implications of the latest lockdown.
- The Clerk gave a report on the results of the annual playground inspection
Refer to APPENDIX 1: Monthly Cash Book Entries
- Noted: regular payments for the month totalling: £1775.68
- Noted: credit card payments for the month totalling: £621.02
- RESOLVED: payments for the month totalling: £346.83
- Noted: income for the month totalling: £14,197.26
- RESOLVED: bank reconciliation (Refer to APPENDIX 2 Bank Reconciliation)
- Last months Bank reconciliation: Cllr Box gave a report to confirmed the October bank reconciliation had been checked and there were no discrepancies.
- Reviewed: Year to date spend against budget
2020-11_8. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
Request for Consultation:
Application Type: Full Application
Site Location: 7 Molly Close Temple Cloud Bristol Bath And North East Somerset BS39 5AE
Description of Proposal: Erection of single storey rear extension.
Reference Number: 20/03951/FUL
RESOLVED: The Parish Council support this planning application
2020-11_9. GROUND WORK MACHINERY
RESOLVED: Purchase of a leaf vacuum machine Billy Goat KV601SP from local supplier A on the report for £1102 +VAT, with payment via online bank transfer against sales invoice.
RESOLVED: The purchase of brush cutter tools, comprising STIHL KM94RC-E KOMBI ENGINE, STIHL KM-MB KOMBI GRASS CUTTER BLADE 230-2, STIHL FH-KM 145 KOMBI SCRUB CUTTER. To be purchased from supplier A in the report for £515.82 +VAT, or the nearest equivalent available price at the time of order, with payment at time of order approved with the parish council credit card.
2020-11_10. SCHEME OF DELEGATION AND SUPPLEMENTARY STANDING ORDERS
Adoption of supplementary standing orders. (this item was postponed due to time constraints to be reviewed at a later meeting)
RESOLVED: The scheme of delegation was approved and adopted by the Parish Council.
2020-11_11. CONSULTATION PROJECT
The consultation regarding the installation of a pump track or other facilities was approved, with a deadline proposed for survey results by the end of the month.
2020-11_12. PAVILION AND FOOTPATH PLANS
Update on pavilion demolition. The demolition had been delayed due to wet ground conditions but will start this week.
RESOLVED: The concrete path should be removed and replaced with a gravel path.
2020-11_13. HIRE OF HALL – OUTDOOR RATES
The following items were postponed due to time constraints to be reviewed at a later date.
To resolve group rates for use of organised activities on the playing field.
To resolve a discounted rate on the occasion that the hire of the village hall is cancelled to use outside instead.
To review: Terms and Conditions of hire
2020-11_14. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
RESOLVED: Date of next scheduled meeting of the Parish Council: Tuesday 8th December 2020
The meeting was closed by the Chairman at 9.35pm