Present: Cllr Jon Sebright (Chairman), Cllr Sara Box, Cllr Helen Neary, Cllr Stephen Marsh and Cllr Philip Warden
Also Present: BANES District Councillor David Wood, Clerk: Philip Edwards and 2 Members of the Public
2021-03_1. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION
A member of the public gave an introduction regarding a local group looking at re-wilding and how this might be supported by the Parish Council.
Dst Cllr David Wood gave an update on:
- The air quality management along the A37, including the recent road closure to cut back the tree canopy to improve air quality.
- Plans for a pedestrian bypass to run from Fairview, along the field behind Molly Close and down to Cameley Rd.
- Investigations into HGV signs to help control traffic flow
- Ward Empowerment Fund available for community benefit
2021-03_2. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
There were no apologies for absence.
2021-03_3. DECLARATION OF INTEREST
There were no requests of dispensations or declarations of disclosable pecuniary or personal interests.
2021-03_4. CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES
The minutes of the meeting of the Parish Council which took place on Monday 9th February 2021 were approved as an accurate record and signed by the Chairman.
2021-03_5. CHAIRMANS REPORT
Update from the Chairman:
- The Parish Council annual meeting will be in May and applications for the position of Chairman are invited from council members.
- Dial a ride have written to thank the Parish Council for the £100 grant received.
2021-03_6. CO-OPTION OF NEW MEMBER
RESOLVED: Co-option of new member Sara Cass to the Parish Council.
Sara Cass completed and signed the acceptance of office at the meeting.
2021-03_7. CLERKS REPORT
- A request to trim the roadside hedge opposite Cameley Church and a request to report a blocked gulley on A37 has been forwarded to Highways.
- Tree surgery on Cameley Village Green has been completed.
- EDF have apologised for sending bills in error to a nonexistent pavilion address and have promised to stop.
- A resident reported broken glass by the village hall which has been cleaned up by village operative. A window may require monitoring or repair.
- Temple Cloud in Bloom have offered to plant at the back of the green. Cllr Neary will coordinate regarding the war memorial considerations.
- RESOLVED: The council approved the purchase of a handheld rotavator attachment for the Stihl multitool, (approximately £132 +VAT).
Refer to APPENDIX 1: Monthly Cash Book Entries
- RESOLVED: payments approved (APPENDIX 1) totalling: £5680.00
- Noted: regular payments, credit card purchases and income for the month. (APPENDIX 2)
- Noted bank reconciliation (Refer to APPENDIX 3 Bank Reconciliation)
2021-03_9. REAL LIVING WAGE AND NJC PAY AWARD
RESOLVED: To update the salaries of the Village Operatives, commencing 1st April 2021, to the current salary point SCP point 3, as set out in the 2020-21 National Salary Award by the National Joint Council for Local Government Services, to be reviewed annually in line with NALC recommendations.
2021-03_10. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
|RESOLVED: Application Reference: 21/00611/FUL|
Application Address: Mulliwell House, Main Road, Temple Cloud, Bristol, Bath And North East Somerset, BS39 5BJ
Proposal: Erection of a single storey front extension to provide porch.
Parish Council Response: SUPPORT
|RESOLVED: Application Reference: 21/00596/FUL|
Application Address: Magpies, Eastcourt Road, Temple Cloud, Bristol, Bath And North East Somerset, BS39 5BX
Proposal: Erection of a four bay full height timber garage.
Parish Council Response: NO OBJECTION
|RESOLVED: Application Reference: 21/00923/RES|
Application Address: Parcel 3200, The Street, Stowey, Bristol, Bath And North East Somerset,
Proposal: Approval of reserved matters with regard to outline application 19/05434/OUT (Outline application for the erection of an agriculturally tied dwelling).
Parish Council Response: NO OBJECTION, but with concerns to be highlighted
Noted: updates from previous planning applications:
2021-03_11. POLICIES FOR REVIEW AND APPROVAL
(i) RESOLVED: The Council approve the use of secure password managers, such as BitWarden and LastPass, for non banking passwords. (to added to financial regulations 6.16)
(ii) RESOLVED: The Financial Regulations were reviewed and approved with the proposed amendments. Amendments included an additional item regarding Clerk authority to spend up to £50 (see FR 4.1.3) and approval for use of secure password managers (See FR 6.16).
2021-03_12. WAR MEMORIAL UPDATE
Cllr Neary presented an update on the plans for a war memorial. Further research is being undertaken to confirm previous interests and pledges regarding the project. Cllr Warden will support with this research.
2021-03_13. PUMP TRACK REPORT
Cllr Neary and Cllr Marsh gave an update on pump track progress and action required. The council agreed on a course of action to submit a pre planning approval costing £349.50 followed by a plan to submit a Tender. A working party will be convened to finalise details of the Tender.
2021-03_14. PARISH ANNUAL MEETING FOR THE LOCAL COMMUNITY
It was agreed that the Parish Annual meeting for the local community should be held online on 4th May from 7.00pm to 7:30pm before the annual Parish Council meeting. Members of the local community are invited to submit a short presentation, videos or photos of local activities for consideration to be shown at the virtual meeting.
2021-03_15. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
RESOLVED: Date of next scheduled meeting of the Parish Council: Tuesday 13th April 2021
RESOLVED: Date of annual Parish Council meeting 4th May 2021 (1st Tuesday in May)
RESOLVED: Date of the annual Parish meeting: 4th May, 7:00pm (before the Parish Council meeting)
There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 21:49