My apologies for the meeting this week as I have a clash. I’m aware I don’t get to see you as much as I’d like at the moment. Hopefully this will be easier in 2024! If anyone fancied a catchup on the phone do feed back so we can do that.
There is nothing major to report back at the moment, a few bits of casework I’ll talk through with Philip separately.
As you know I’ve committed funds to replacing the Goal Posts on the field and have offered my time for helping with funding applications, etc, to make up the balance.
Update on the Christmas lights switch-on:
– 4pm on Sunday 17th December as I know this was the better day for parish councillors
– I’ve put a post on the village facebook group and I’m trying to get a flyer out with my Christmas card this week to make as many people aware as possible. I think I’ve got most of the village covered this week but struggling with some of the Goldney Way area, lots of my volunteers away.
– I’ve lined up Steve and Paul to meet at the Christmas Tree farm at 930am on 17th to get the tree, and I’ve cleared this with the tree farm owner
– Philip has spoken with the Old Court House ref electricity and is, as usual, very ably dealing with the lights, risk assessments and choreography on the day
– I reached out to the school a few weeks ago about house captains getting involved in the light switch on but I’ve not heard back
– I think that’s all my bits on the light switch on done now but if there’s anything else needed from this point on do let me know