Temple Cloud with Cameley Parish Council, Precis Minutes of Cameley Playing Field Charity: Annual meeting 21st February 2023, 8.48pm, Temple Cloud Village Hall.
CAMELEY PLAYING FIELD CHARITY
Charity no: 304504
Councillors Present: Sara Box, David Cottis, Andrew Kirkby, Helen Neary, Jon Sebright, Philip Warden (Chairman) and Mark Wilson
Also Present: Philip Edwards (Clerk)
Temple Cloud with Cameley Parish Council is the corporate body that acts as trustees to Cameley Playing Field and holds Cameley Playing Field in Trust (charity no 304504).
CPF23-02_1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Apologies for absence were received from Cllrs Jon Elford and Stephen Marsh
CPF23-02_2. DECLARATION OF INTEREST
There were no Declarations of Interest.
CPF23-02_3. CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES
The minutes of the Charity Trust Meeting held on 11th January 2022 were approved as a true record and signed by the Chairman.
CPF23-02_4. CHAIRMAN’S REVIEW OF ANNUAL BUSINESS
- Trustees noted the income and expenditure for the 2021/22 financial year. There was £0 income and expenditure was met by Temple Cloud with Cameley Parish Council. These figures have been submitted on the annual return 17/1/2023.
- RESOLVED: To continue the standing resolution that Cameley Playing Field Charity ‘transfer’ future income generated by the hire of Cameley Playing Field to trustee Temple Cloud with Cameley Parish Council.
- RESOLVED: To continue the standing resolution that expenditure for maintenance of Cameley Playing Field is met by Temple Cloud with Cameley Parish Council at the monthly Parish Council Meeting.
- Noted: Cameley Playing Field does not operate a separate bank account for the Charity. The Parish Council has resolved that the Parish Council Clerk may open a charity bank account if this is deemed beneficial for grant applications.
- Noted: The Charity details have been updated with the Charity Commission to confirm that the Charity does not have a bank account. The Clerk, Philip Edwards has been designated the main point of contact for the charity commission. The Parish Council is recorded as the trustee with the Charity Commission.
- Noted: The Cameley Field Management Committee (indicated in the 1-July-1998 updated constitution) is not formed and therefore the Parish Council act in place of the management committee. The Parish Council hold a charity meeting annually rather than quarterly committee meetings. The council also hold monthly Parish Council meetings, when items of business concerning the Charity may also be reviewed.
- There was no other trustee business.
Cllr Neary left the meeting at 8.54pm
CPF23-02_5. GOVERNANCE & DOCUMENTATION
The suitability of governance and documentation was reviewed, and it was agreed that the original governing documents – 1957 Trust Deed and Deed of Variation 6th Nov 1991 are fit for purpose.
CPF23-02_6. CAMELEY PLAYING FIELD HIRE RATES
Noted – hire rates for use of the playing field as set by the parish council:
CPF23-02_7. NEXT MEETING
RESOLVED: The next meeting of Cameley Playing Field Charity is planned to take place on 9th January 2024.
There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 20:59
Agreed as a correct record,
signed by the Chairman of the meeting: _______________________ on:_______________
(Chairman initial all other pages)
- Status: Approved