Temple Cloud with Cameley Parish Council, Precis Minutes of Parish Council Meeting: 11th Jan 2022, 7:30pm
Present: Cllrs Sebright (Chairman), Cass, Cottis, Marsh and Neary.
Also Present: Philip Edwards (Clerk) & Dst Cllr D Wood
Meeting Location: Temple Cloud Village Hall, with public online attendance link: http://www.templecloud.org.uk/meeting/
2022-01_1. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION
Dst Cllr Wood gave updates on:
- Anti-social behaviour, Dst Cllr Wood had a meeting with PC Peard, who visited some members of the public.
- Blocked drains are being addressed.
- Liveable neighbourhoods consultation is ongoing.
- Informal consultation for double yellow lines has been distributed prior to public consultation.
- Hours at the petrol station shop have improved, the regional manager has been contacted.
- WECA consultation is ongoing regarding public transport.
- Sewage discharge into River Cam has been reported.
- AQMA – pollution figures have improved and becoming close to compliance.
- Footpath route through the field behind Molly Close is being progressed.
- Vehicles are getting stuck on Nanny Hurn’s Lane due to Sat Nav directions. Sat Nav companies have been approached to resolve the issue.
- 2021 was a good year for recycling figures, residents were thanked for their support.
- Bristol Clean Air Zone – some concessions for local residents were agreed.
2022-01_2. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Apologies for absence were noted from Cllr Warden and Cllr Box.
RESOLVED: Approval of absence for Cllr Warden
2022-01_3. DECLARATION OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of disclosable pecuniary or personal interests in accordance with the PC Code of Conduct.
2022-01_4. CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES
RESOLVED: The minutes of the meeting of the Parish Council which took place on Tuesday 14th December 2021 were approved as an accurate record and signed by the Chairman.
2022-01_5. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
The Chairman thanked all those who contributed to the Christmas Tree.
2022-01_6. CLERK’S REPORT
- Morgan Weld has been approached for a quote to repair the gazebo table
- The notice board was vandalised with a flame. A replacement door is being sought
- The heating service in the village hall has been delayed to mid-January to arrange the scaffold.
- The midterm internal audit has been booked to take place in Jan 2022
- The repairs to the village hall gutters have been provisionally booked for 18th Jan.
RESOLVED: Approval to proceed with the quotation of £1300 to repair the rear gutters.
- The HR advisory group will arrange a date for the Clerk’s appraisal
2022-01_7. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
There were no consultation requests, previous planning applications were noted at: http://www.templecloud.org.uk/documents/planning-applications/
Refer to Finance Reports’: https://www.templecloud.org.uk/documents/2022-01-finance-reports/
- RESOLVED: payments approved totalling £891.94 listed on ‘2022-01 PCM: Finance Reports’ (see appendix)
- Noted payments and Income, internal transfers to report
- Noted: bank reconciliation
2022-01_9. PUMP TRACK
Noted: Update on grant applications for the pump track.
The grant application to Sport England Return to Play was not successful. The objective of this grant was to facilitate return to play following coronavirus. The feedback given was that due to a high number of applications they were not able to support as many applications as they would like. Feedback also stated that the project did not meet the programme criteria. In view of the significant amount of research and contact with Sport England staff to ensure that the application did meet the criteria, clarification was requested as to why the application did not meet the criteria. Sport England responded that the grant was intended for small scale adjustments to existing facilities to enable play during coronavirus rather than larger new projects.
The grant application to BWCE was not successful. The emphasis of this grant was to support projects that promote sustainable transport and reduce carbon emissions. The feedback given was that the panel did not feel the activity would have a strong effect on encouraging sustainable transport and reducing carbon emissions, as compared to other applications in this round. The feedback stated “We receive a large number of applications and so need to prioritise the use of the limited funds available”
2022-01_10. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
RESOLVED: Date of next meeting: Tuesday 8th February 2022, 7.30pm
There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 20:34
Agreed as a correct record, signed on ___________ by Chairman of the meeting:
(Chairman initial all other pages)
- Status: Approved