pump track design

Minutes of Parish Council Meeting: 13th June 2023, 7:30pm

Clerk: Philip Edwards (CiLCA) | Tel: 07591 257067 |
Subscribe for updates:

Councillors Present: Sara Box, Jon Elford, Andrew Kirkby, Helen Neary, Jon Sebright (Chairman), Philip Warden and Mark Wilson (Vice Chairman)

Also Present: Philip Edwards (Clerk), David Wood (BANES District Councillor)


A report was received from District Councillor David Wood. Dst Cllr Wood reported on new responsibilities in the cabinet along with enquiries from local residents. Dst Cllr Wood reported that he was monitoring the appeal period for a planning application. Dst Cllr Wood presented recommendations for the planning review of green spaces.


2306_[2]  Apologies for Absence

Apologies for absence were received from Cllr Cottis.

2306_[3]  Declaration of Interest

There were no declarations of disclosable pecuniary or personal interests.

2306_[4] Confirmation of Minutes

RESOLVED: The Parish Council meeting minutes of Tuesday 16th May 2023 were confirmed as an accurate record and signed by Chairman.

2306_[5] Parish Council Membership

  • All member declarations of acceptance of office and Registers of Interest were reported as received by the Clerk

2306_[6] Co-option of new Council Member

  • There were no applications for co-option.

2306_[7] Annual Review of Risk Management

  • RESOLVED: Reviewed and approved: Risk management scheme

2306_[8] Appointments


  • RESOLVED: Reviewed and approved: appointments to outside bodies and members’ responsibilities:
    • Planning advisory group: Cllrs Neary, Warden and Wilson
    • HR advisory group: Cllrs Box, Cottis and Neary
    • Finance advisory group: Cllrs Elford, Sebright and Warden
    • Police IAG: Cllr Kirkby
    • Clutton Flower Show: Cllrs Box, Kirkby, Sebright and Warden
    • Pump track event planning lead: Cllr Neary
  • Planning training provided from ALCA was agreed for Cllr Wilson


2306_[9] Chairman’s Report

  • The Chairman thanked Cllr D Ducket from Hinton Blewett Parish Council for arranging the donation and delivery of a TV screen for the village hall.

2306_[10] Clerk’s Report

  • The Clerk highlighted councillor training available from ALCA
  • The village hall fire extinguishers had been serviced in May
  • The village hall fire alarm and emergency lighting were inspected and tested in May with no faults reported. The engineer had recommended updating the fire alarm to a newer system.
  • A smart meter installation had been booked for the village hall in June
  • Clutton junior football team would be training on the playing field on Thursday evenings for 7 weeks
  • Noted: correspondence shared with council members listed in the appendix.
  • Fraud and Cybercrime Prevention Talk with Avon and Somerset police had been re-arranged for 14th November 6.30pm, the public are invited to attend.
  • RESOLVED: Areas to recommend regarding Green Space nominations for the new local plan:
    • Fields and woods surrounding the playing field
    • Fields behind the pub
    • The fields along a walking route from Paulmont Rise to Molly Close
    • Tynemoor Wood and surrounding fields
  • RESOLVED: informal consultation request regarding TRO – the council had no objections to plan 20, Goldney Way. The council objected to plan 22, Cameley Rd, due to the potential impact to both residents and the doctor’s surgery from the loss of parking for visitors to the doctor’s surgery.

2306_[11] Members Reports

  • There were no reports on members’ responsibilities or attendance of outside bodies.
  • Cllr Kirkby offered to send the minutes from the recent Police IAG meeting

2306_[12] Pump Track and Playing Field:

  • A planning application had been submitted to discharge the conditional requirement for a wildflower planting scheme.
  • Reviewed: Bin locations and requirements around the playing field. The council instructed the Clerk to move the top bin closer to the pedestrian kissing gate.
  • Reviewed: The Clerk had received a request for smaller goals on the playing field suitable for children. Cllr Elford offered to check prices of goal posts. Cllr Wilson offered to check costs to refurbish existing equipment.
  • District Cllr Wood offered to support the funding of junior goalposts from the Ward Empowerment Fund.
  • Reviewed: Bollards to prevent vehicles from entering playing field from village hall car park. The council requested the Clerk to investigate the cost of boulders as an alternative to bollards.
  • Noted: An offer of support from scouts regarding the September 23rd opening day
  • Reviewed: September 23rd opening day action required. Cllr Neary offered to arrange a working party to plan further action

2306_[13] FINANCE

Payments and income – see appendix 2023-06 Finance Reports

  1. RESOLVED: payments to approve as listed in finance reports.
  2. Noted: payments and Income
  3. Noted: year to date budget and reserves
  4. Noted: A fuel card had been organised to replace the prepaid debit card for the mower.
  5. Noted: Bank reconciliation


There were no outstanding planning consultation requests


RESOLVED: Date of next meeting: Tuesday 11th July 2023, 7.30pm

There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 21:39

Agreed as a correct record,
signed by the Chairman of the meeting: _______________________ on:_______________
(Chairman initial all other pages)