Temple Cloud with Cameley Parish Council, Precis Minutes of Parish Council Meeting: 14th Sept 2021, 7:30pm
Meeting Location: Temple Cloud Village Hall
Councillors Present: Jon Sebright (Chairman), Sara Box, Sara Cass, Stephen Marsh, Helen Neary and Philip Warden
Also Present: Clerk: Philip Edwards
Also Present via online link: BANES District Councillor D Wood
2021-09_1. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION
BANES Dst Cllr Wood gave a report of the following:
- Dst Cllr Wood has been consulting with residents
- Local Plan partial update – it has been written into the partial update that there will be no further major new developments for at least the next two years.
- Main road pollution is being monitored in light of interventions in place. There has been a drop in pollution and further interventions are planned to bring the levels below the legal limits.
2021-09_2. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
There were no absences.
2021-09_3. DECLARATION OF INTEREST
There were no requests of dispensations or declarations of disclosable pecuniary or personal interests in accordance with the PC Code of Conduct.
2021-09_4. CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES
RESOLVED: That the minutes of the meeting of the Parish Council which took place on Tuesday 22nd June 2021 were approved as an accurate record and signed by the Chairman.
RESOLVED: That the minutes and record of business delegated to the Clerk, for the meeting of the Parish Council that was closed due to an inquorate meeting on Tuesday 13th July 2021 were approved as an accurate record and signed by the Chairman.
2021-09_5. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
The Chairman expressed thanks from the Parish Council to Ian from Temple Cloud Garage, who has serviced and replaced the Parish Council mower tyres free of charge for the benefit of the local community.
The Chairman gave a report on the success of the Parish Council attendance at the Clutton Flower Show, The Chairman expressed thanks for the support of the Parish Council at Clutton Flower Show and expressed thanks to the organisers of Clutton Flower Show. Ideas were discussed to develop interaction with the public for the next show.
2021-09_6. CLERKS REPORT
- The Clerk has completed the Cilca qualification and passed with three exemplary submissions.
- Playground finger traps identified on the play inspection report have been resolved with rubber strips to fill the gaps.
- An article and poster was been placed in the September Clutton & Temple Cloud News to recruit new councillors.
2021-09_7. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
Application Reference: 21/03767/FUL
Application Address: 43 Paulmont Rise, Temple Cloud, Bristol, Bath And North East Somerset, BS39 5DZ
Proposal: Erection of first floor extension over existing garage to create additional bedroom (Resubmission)
RESOLVED: The Parish Council support this application
Application Reference: 21/03574/FUL
Application Address: Cameley C Of E Vc Primary School, Meadway, Temple Cloud, Bristol, Bath And North East Somerset, BS39 5BD
Proposal: Erection of single storey extension to provide a 45 Place Nursery, with associated alterations to the existing building and landscaping works.
RESOLVED: The Parish Council will not provide any further consultation response as the planning decision has been reached. Further consultation with the school regarding parking and traffic management plans will be welcomed.
Refer to finance reports for July, August and September:
2021-07 PCM: Finance Reports: http://www.templecloud.org.uk/documents/2021-07-finance/
2021-08: (No PCM) Finance Reports: http://www.templecloud.org.uk/documents/2021-08-no-pcm-finance-reports/
2021-09 PCM: Finance Reports: http://www.templecloud.org.uk/documents/2021-09-finance-reports/
- RESOLVED: payments were approved totalling £1800.99 listed on ‘2021-09 PCM: Finance Reports’
- RESOLVED: A five point pay scale increase for the Clerk in accordance with the employment contract and original job offer, following completion of CiLCA qualification, to SCP14.
- Noted payments and Income to report for July, August and September
- Noted: bank reconciliation for July, August and September (July quarterly check completed by Cllr Marsh)
- Noted: July report for year to date spend against budget.
- Received and noted: the external auditors report. The external auditor has returned the audit report confirming the Annual Governance and Accountability Return is in accordance with Proper Practices and no other matters have come to the auditor’s attention giving cause for concern. The notice of conclusion of audit has been published along with the external auditor’s report. See http://www.templecloud.org.uk/documents/notice-of-conclusion-of-audit/
2021-09_9. S106 GRANT FOR GOLDNEY HOUSE
(10/01554FUL (09/04515/FUL) – Goldney House, Temple Cloud: £7,628.74, expires 25/11/2021)
RESOLVED: To submit an application to use the S106 grant of £7628.74 towards the pump track.
2021-09_10. VILLAGE HALL
The Clerk gave an update to confirm that new clubs are booking the village hall, and previous clubs are expressing an interest in booking new slots.
The Clerk reported that quotes are currently being sought for:
- Covering/Panelling the upper window
- Sanding and Varnishing the Village Hall Floor
- Bricking up the ply panels
- PAT testing (to include Christmas Tree)
- Aircon service
- Gutter Repair
- Village Hall Cleaning
RESOLVED: The Parish Council requested that the Clerk advertise for a village hall cleaner, based on 2 to 3 hours cleaning a week.
2021-09_11. LOCAL COUNCIL AWARD SCHEME
It was reported that the Council’s foundation award expires on 30/9/2021. To renew, a new submission would be required. Further details were given in the following report: http://www.templecloud.org.uk/foundation-award/
RESOLVED: To submit a new application to renew the local council foundation award, along with authorisation for the Clerk to arrange the required payments. (Expected £50 registration + £80 accreditation, +VAT)
RESOLVED: The Parish Council approved up to 8 hours Clerk overtime to complete the necessary criteria for an award application, ideally before the end of September.
2021-09_12. PARKING ON BRANDOWN CLOSE
Review of parking and double yellow lines on Brandown Close.
To note: Correspondence was received regarding this topic and has been forwarded to council members.
The council requested the Clerk to submit an email to BANES regarding the removal of double yellow lines on Temple Inn Lane, with the aim of reducing parking on Brandown Close and slowing traffic on Temple Inn Lane.
2021-09_13. LITTER BIN LOCATIONS
The council reviewed litter bin locations around Temple Cloud. The council requested the Clerk to publish on social media the map of locations of bins for local residents and dog walkers: See map: http://www.templecloud.org.uk/documents/litter-bins/
2021-09_14. PUMP TRACK TENDER
RESOLVED: Subject to a final check by the Parish Council working party, to take place before the 1st October, the Parish Council confirmed Velosolutions as the shortlisted tender. Subject to a final check by the Parish Council working party that there are no causes for concern regarding accepting the tender offer from Velosolutions, the Parish Council instructed the Clerk to confirm by the 1st October 2021 that Velosolutions is the shortlisted tender submission.
2021-09_15. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
RESOLVED: Date of next meeting: Tuesday 12th October 2021
There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 21:45
Agreed as a correct record, signed on 12th October 2021 by the Chairman of the meeting:
(Chairman initial all other pages)
- Status: Approved