Temple Cloud with Cameley Parish Council, Precis Minutes of Parish Council Meeting, 22nd June 2021, 7:30pm, Temple Cloud Village Hall.
Councillors Present: Jon Sebright (Chairman), Sara Box, Sara Cass, Stephen Marsh, Helen Neary and Philip Warden
Also Present: BANES District Councillor D Wood, Clerk: Philip Edwards
2021-06_1. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION
Dst Cllr Wood gave an update on:
- Failed recycling collections
- Plans to improve walking and cycling in the village, with Temple Cloud recommended as a pilot area with BANES.
2021-06_2. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
There were no apologies for absence.
2021-06_3. DECLARATION OF INTEREST
There were no requests of dispensations or declarations of disclosable pecuniary or personal interests in accordance with the PC Code of Conduct.
2021-06_4. CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES
RESOLVED: The minutes of the annual meeting of the Parish Council which took place on Tuesday 4th May 2021 were approved as an accurate record and were signed by the Chairman.
Feedback was given by the Parish Council to Dst Cllr D Wood during the public participation session.
2021-06_6. CO-OPTION OF NEW MEMBERS
Co-option of new members to the council was postponed.
2021-06_7. CHAIRMANS REPORT
The Chairman gave an update on cleaning issues with the village hall floor. A quote to sand and varnish the floor will be sought along with investigations on deep cleaning options.
2021-06_8. CLERKS REPORT
- A review of PPE equipment has been undertaken and provided for staff. A health and safety file with COSHH statements has been put in the village operative’s lock up and the village hall cleaning cupboard, also including an accident book for reporting. A powder fire extinguisher has been provided for the lock-up.
- Council insurance is now active with BHIB.
- The AGAR and associated documents have been submitted to the external auditor.
- The rotavator has been used to repair some of the worst affected areas of the playing field and new seed has been sown.
- Correspondence received: Request for extra litter bins to be considered for Tiledown area. The council requested the Clerk to create a map of current bins and look into associated costs of installation and maintenance.
- Correspondence was received regarding footpath proposals for Molly Close which have been forwarded to the council members.
- Vandalism to the playground gazebo has been reported to the police, crime ref 5221128147. The police neighbourhood team has been contacted to highlight antisocial behaviour. CCTV options were discussed for the playground area.
- The collapsed gate in the playing field has been repaired.
- The Clerk has passed the ‘Community Engagement’ unit of Cilca with an exemplary submission award for this unit.
- A volunteer has offered to paint the fingerpost on the village green. Advise has been sought and risk assessments have been prepared.
- DWH have been contacted regarding the overgrowing hedge along the Brandown Close footpath. The Parish Council are not allowed to take action by hedge trimming this section during nesting season. The village operative is occasionally pruning shoots by hand without disturbing nesting birds.
RESOLVED: The council approved repainting the finger post on the village green by volunteers and to supply the materials for volunteers.
Refer to appendix ‘2021-06 PCM: Finance Reports’ (http://www.templecloud.org.uk/documents/2021-06-pcm-finance-reports/)
- RESOLVED payments to approve totaling: £1999.37
- Noted: regular payments, credit card purchases and income for the month.
- Noted: bank reconciliation
2021-06_10. ADVISORY GROUPS
- RESOLVED membership of the HR advisory group: Cllrs: Box, Marsh, Neary
- RESOLVED membership of the finance advisory group: Cllrs: Cass, Sebright, Warden
- RESOLVED membership of planning advisory group: Cllrs: Marsh, Neary, Warden
2021-06_11. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
Noted: Updates from previous planning applications: http://www.templecloud.org.uk/documents/planning-applications/
2021-06_12. VILLAGE HALL QUARTERLY REVIEW AND BUILDING WORKS TENDER
- Bookings are being taken for summer parties on the assumption Covid regulations will permit such events.
- Village hall gutter maintenance has been booked.
- The fire alarm inspection has been completed in June.
- COSHH statements have been updated and placed in the cleaning cupboard.
- The external electrical socket on the village hall has been fitted with a more robust lock following damage.
- The LED lights have been fitted. The control switches remain to be fitted.
- A panel covering the circular window on the Brandon Estate side has fallen down exposing a broken outer pane. A glazier is being sought to inspect and advise.
- The draft drawings for tender have been completed by the Clerk ready for approval of the council
- The Parish Council requested the Clerk to review and renew the hall first aid kit.
RESOLVED: Approval of tender specification for village hall building works.
2021-06_13. WAR MEMORIAL UPDATE
Research is progressing on historical donations made for the war memorial.
2021-06_14. PUMP TRACK REPORT
The tender specifications are progressing for the pump track and are expected to be published by end of June
RESOLVED: Adoption of anti bribery policy: http://www.templecloud.org.uk/documents/anti-bribery-policy/
2021-06_15. RISK ASSESSMENTS FOR APPROVAL
RESOLVED: Approval of:
- Risk Assessment – Outdoor Working
- Risk Assessment – Identification of Poisonous Wildlife
- Hedge and Brush Cutting Method Statement & Risk Assessment
The following item was moved to the beginning of the meeting, after the public participation session.
RESOLVED: Approval of: Risk Assessment – Face to Face Parish Council Meetings
2021-06_16. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
RESOLVED: Date of next meeting: Tuesday 13th July 2021
There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 21:36
Agreed as a correct record, signed on 13/7/2021 by Chairman of the meeting:
(Chairman initial all other pages)
- Status: Approved