Temple Cloud with Cameley Parish Council, Precis Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting: 8th Feb 2022, 7:30pm
Present: Cllrs Sebright (Chairman), Box, Marsh, Neary and Warden
Also Present: Philip Edwards (Clerk)
Meeting Location: Temple Cloud Village Hall, with public online attendance link: http://www.templecloud.org.uk/meeting/
2022-02_1. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION
No members of the public were present.
2022-02_2. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Apologies for absence were received from Cllr Cass and Cllr Cottis.
2022-02_3. DECLARATION OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of disclosable pecuniary or personal interests.
2022-02_4. CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES
RESOLVED: The minutes of the meeting of the Parish Council which took place on Tuesday 11th January 2022 were approved as an accurate record and signed by the Chairman.
2022-02_5. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
The Chairman gave an update on communications with the Clerk and strategy for the village hall.
2022-02_6. CLERK’S REPORT
- RESOLVED: To appoint Cllr Cottis to the Pump Track Committee
- Cllr Cottis has completed training with ALCA: Essential Councillor
- The Parish Council has been successful in its application to renew the LCAS Foundation Award.
- The grass cutting contract has not been renewed, a new contractor is being sought. In order to complete this before the next meeting, the parish council delegated the choice and appointment of a new contractor to the Clerk with a limit of £120 +VAT per cut.
2022-02_7. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
Noted: updates from previous planning applications: http://www.templecloud.org.uk/documents/planning-applications/
Refer to Finance Reports’: https://www.templecloud.org.uk/documents/2022-02-finance-reports/
- RESOLVED: approval of payments to approve listed on ‘2022-02 PCM: Finance Reports’ (see appendix) Cllrs Marsh and Sebright offered to authorise the transactions online.
- Noted: payments and Income
- Noted: The bank reconciliation, which has been checked and signed by Cllr Cass.
- RESOLVED: To add Cllr Cottis as a bank signatory with online banking access to the Unity Bank account and the Nationwide savings account.
2022-02_9. GRANT APPLICATION
Refer to application documents: https://www.templecloud.org.uk/documents/grant-application-clutton-with-cameley-pcc-2021-22/
- Noted: NALC legal topic note LO1-18 Financial Assistance to the Church.
- Noted: This is a retrospective application due to extraordinary circumstances for work completed in 2021-2022.
RESOLVED: Approval of a grant award of £450 for Clutton with Cameley PCC towards the upkeep of Cameley Church graveyard.
2022-02_10. INTERNAL AUDITORS REPORT
RESOLVED: The council received the internal auditors mid-term report.
2022-02_11. VILLAGE HALL
The strategic direction of the village hall along with hire rates for 2022-23 was reviewed and discussed. (See https://www.templecloud.org.uk/documents/village-hall-hire-rates/) . It was noted that the hall is not supervised by staff or council members for event hire. It was agreed that several councillors, including Cllrs Sebright, Box, Marsh, Neary and Warden could add their phone numbers to a list out of hours emergency contacts for village hall hire. It is intended that this arrangement would be on an informal basis so that staff and councillors are not committed to being available on any given dates.
RESOLVED: the Village Hall Risk Assessment was reviewed and approved with the removal of the specific capacity pending a report from the fire risk assessor. It was recommended to send a welcome pack with instructions to hirers based on the risk assessment.
RESOLVED: Revisions to hire rates for 2022. Rising inflationary running costs for the hall were noted, including energy prices. It was decided that hire rates would be frozen with no increases before December 2022, when rates would again be reviewed. The previous discount for local residents was removed so that the minimum rate of £39 is the same for all users.
RESOLVED: Approval to proceed with a fire risk assessment £200 +VAT
Noted: The play inspection report had been received. All items were assessed as low risk or very low risk. A pressure washer may be required to address some of the recommendations.
A quote had been received to supply and fit an aluminium chequer plate metal top to the gazebo table for £354 or for steel galvanized approximately to £378 to £418. (+VAT)
RESOLVED: Approval to order an aluminium metal top for the gazebo table costing £354 +VAT
2022-02_13. JUBILEE PLANNING
Ideas for the Queen’s Jubilee Celebration were discussed. Cllr Sara Box offered to contact the community for ideas and support.
2022-02_14. PUMP TRACK
An application for funding towards the pump track to the Ward Councillors Empowerment fund had been submitted by the Clerk. This application had been successful and an award of £500 has been granted. The conditions of this award require that the money be spent by the end of March 2022. The council requested the Clerk to thank Dst Cllr David Wood for support with the grant.
2022-02_15. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
RESOLVED: Date of next meeting: Tuesday 8th March 2022, 7.30pm
RESOLVED: Date of April 2022 meeting: Tuesday 5th April 2022, 7.30pm
There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 9:27pm
Agreed as a correct record, signed on 8/3/2022 by Chairman of the meeting:
(Chairman initial all other pages)
- Status: Approved