Temple Cloud with Cameley Parish Council, Precis Parish Council Meeting Minutes 6th April 2021
Present: Cllr Jon Sebright (Chairman), Cllr Helen Neary, Cllr Stephen Marsh and Cllr Sara Cass.
(Cllr Philip Warden joined the meeting after 8pm)
Also Present: Clerk: Philip Edwards
2021-04_1. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION
There were no members of the public present.
2021-04_2. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Apologies for absence were received from Cllr Sara Box.
2021-04_3. DECLARATION OF INTEREST
There were no requests for dispensations or any declarations of disclosable pecuniary or personal interests in accordance with the PC Code of Conduct.
2021-04_4. CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES
The minutes of the meeting of the Parish Council which took place on Tuesday 9th March 2021 were approved as an accurate record and signed by the Chairman.
2021-04_5. CHAIRMANS REPORT
An update was received from the Chairman.
2021-04_6. CLERKS REPORT
- The Parish Council considered options for the meeting night and longer term plans.
- A volunteer visited on the 2nd April to help with badger damage repairs. The council approved potential supervised use of the petrol machines by volunteers subject to the Clerk checking insurance and health and safety requirements, and volunteers confirming understanding of the risk assessment.
- Training opportunities had been emailed to councillors.
- A request to put up Easter trail pictures around playing field had been accepted following no objections from council members.
- Valley Arts request for a survey had been forwarded to members.
- An email had been sent to members regarding land sought for a vineyard.
- Correspondence had been received regarding community project, Rockaway Forest Garden and had been forwarded to members.
- Village Hall update: Architects, surveyors and builders are being approached for quotes for the village hall external wall rebuild along with drawings. A tender process may be required, so quotes for drawings for a tender are being sought.
- Insurance: 3 companies recommended by other Councils are being approached for renewal quotes.
- Insurance Rebuild costs have been sought, one quote for a survey has so far has been received.
RESOLVED: The council decided to use the existing insurance rebuild estimate and may consider a new estimate after any works have been carried out.
Refer to APPENDIX 1: Monthly Cash Book Entries
- RESOLVED payments approved with invoices checked and signed by Cllr Cass (APPENDIX 1) totalling: £661.38
- Noted: regular payments, credit card purchases and income for the month. (APPENDIX 2)
- Noted bank reconciliation, checked and signed by Cllrs Sebright and Warden (Refer to APPENDIX 3 Bank Reconciliation)
- RESOLVED: To add Cllr Cass to the bank mandates for Unity Bank accounts and the Nationwide savings account.
- RESOLVED: One point annual increase to SCP9 for Clerk/RFO salary scale per employment contract.
- RESOLVED: Continued approval for use of direct debits for regular payments per financial reg 6.7
- RESOLVED: Continued approval for use of bank standing order payments per financial reg 6.8.
- Noted: Year to date spending report
- RESOLVED: Virement of £2000 from general reserve to equipment renewal reserve
- RESOLVED: Virement of £7000 from general reserve to building maintenance reserve
2021-04_8. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
Noted: updates from previous planning applications:
2021-04_9. POLICIES FOR REVIEW AND APPROVAL
(i) RESOLVED: Continued approval of Scheme of Delegation, to be reviewed Oct 2021:
Scheme of Delegation
(ii) RESOLVED: Standing Order 7.2 – The strategic direction of Village Hall was reviewed and agreed:
Village Hall Strategic Direction & Overall Vision (SO7.2)
(iii) RESOLVED: Review and approval of the following policies for up to three years, with GDPR and Standing Orders to be reviewed within 1 year:
Playing Field Standard Conditions of Hire and Use
Disciplinary & Grievance Arrangements
Equality and Diversity Policy
Health and Safety Policy
Code of Conduct
Temple Cloud with Cameley Parish Council Standing Orders
Covid 19 Playground Risk Assessment
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
2021-04_10. WAR MEMORIAL UPDATE
Cllr Neary gave an update regarding the war memorial.
2021-04_11. PUMP TRACK REPORT
Cllr Neary gave an update regarding the pump track progress.
2021-04_12. PARISH ANNUAL MEETING
The plans for the Parish Annual meeting were reviewed and promotion was discussed on facebook, notice boards and the website.
2021-04_13. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
To Note: Date of Annual Parish Council meeting 4th May 2021 (1st Tuesday in May)
To Note: Dates of annual Parish meeting 4th May.
There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 21:07
- Status: Approved