Present: Councillors Philip Warden (Chairman), Sara Box, Stephen Marsh, and Jonathan Sebright
Also Present: Clerk: Philip Edwards and two members of the public
Location: Temple Cloud Village Hall with online public attendance: http://www.templecloud.org.uk/meeting/
The previous Chairman Cllr Sebright opened the meeting for the first item of business, election of Chairman.
22.05_1. ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN
RESOLVED: Cllr Warden was elected Chairman.
The Chairman’s declaration of acceptance of office was signed and received by the Clerk.
22.05_2. ELECTION OF VICE CHAIRMAN
RESOLVED: Cllr Box was elected Vice-Chairman.
The Vice Chairman’s declaration of acceptance of office was signed and received by the Clerk.
22.05_3. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION
Public participation was introduced by the Chairman, there was no additional participation following the annual parish meeting.
22.05_4. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Apologies for absence were received from Cllrs Cass, Cottis and Neary.
22.05_5. DECLARATION OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.
22.05_6. CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES
RESOLVED: That the minutes of the meeting of the Parish Council which took place on Tuesday 8th March 2022 and Tuesday 5th April 2022 were approved as an accurate record and signed by the Chairman.
(a) Chairman’s Report
The previous Chairman, Cllr Sebright, gave an update on meetings held with B&NES and a landowner regarding plans for a footpath from the garage to Cameley
(b) Clerk’s Report
- RESOLVED: The brickwork samples were approved for the Village Hall.
- Noted: Correspondence was received regarding planning application 22/00737/FUL which had been forwarded to councillors.
(c) Members Reports
Cllr Box reported that there was not enough support in the community to arrange a community event for the jubilee weekend.
Cllr Marsh reported on pump track progress.
22.05_8. CO-OPTION OF NEW MEMBERS
RESOLVED: Jon Elford and Mark Wilson were co-opted as new members of the Parish Council. The declarations of acceptance of office were signed and received by the Clerk from both new members.
- RESOLVED: The appointments for committees and working parties, and their terms of reference were reviewed. It was confirmed that all council members will continue to automatically be members of the pump track committee.
- RESOLVED: Representatives to outside bodies and other responsibilities, were reviewed.
- Chew Valley Forum, Chew Valley Climate and Nature Emergency Working Group and Parish Liaison events will be notified to members by the Clerk.
- Clutton Flower Show, 13th August 2022 – The parish council accepted the invitation to participate and a working party will arrange details for the event. Cllrs Box, Sebright and Warden will be able to participate.
See appendix 2022-04 PCM: Finance Reports and 2022-05 PCM: Finance Reports
- RESOLVED: payments to approve listed on ‘2022-05 PCM: Finance Reports’ (checked by Cllr Warden)
- Noted: payments and Income for April and May 2022
- RESOLVED: bank reconciliation 31st March 2022 (checked by Cllr Sebright).
- Noted: year to date spend against budget to 31st March 2022
22.05_11. ANNUAL INTERNAL AUDITORS REPORT
RESOLVED: The Annual Internal Auditors Report 2021/22 was received and approved.
RESOLVED: Continued appointment of Internal Auditor for 2022/23 with approval of the fee of £400 based on one review in March and a shorter post year end review.
22.05_12. ANNUAL GOVERNANCE STATEMENTS
RESOLVED: The Annual Governance Statements 2021/22 prepared by the Clerk were approved by the council and signed by the Chairman and Clerk.
22.05_13. ACCOUNTING STATEMENTS
RESOLVED: The Accounting Statements 2021/22 prepared and signed by the RFO were approved by the council and signed by the Chairman of the meeting.
22.05_14. DATES FOR THE EXERCISE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS
RESOLVED: The council approved the dates of the period for the exercise of public rights: commencing on Monday 13 June 2022 and ending on Friday 22 July 2022.
22.05_15. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
RESOLVED: Planning application consultation request: 22/01435/FUL
Application Reference: 22/01435/FUL
Application Address: Pie Cottage , Eastcourt Road, Temple Cloud, Bristol, Bath And North East Somerset, BS39 5BT
Proposal: Creation of level parking area with garden store under.
Council Response: The Parish Council have no objection to this application
Noted: updates from previous planning applications: http://www.templecloud.org.uk/documents/planning-applications/
22.05_16. GRANT APPLICATIONS
RESOLVED: The council approved a grant application for £1000 from Temple Cloud in Bloom
- RESOLVED: Approval of new policies listed in: https://www.templecloud.org.uk/review-date/2022-05-new/ – which include Fire risk assessment, Scheme of Delegation – Exceptional Circumstances and Scheme of Delegation – Planning Applications
- RESOLVED: Approval of key policies listed in: https://www.templecloud.org.uk/review-date/2022-05/ – which include the asset register, risk management scheme, standing orders and financial regulations
- RESOLVED: Review of unchanged policies: https://www.templecloud.org.uk/review-date/2022-04-set-b/
- RESOLVED: Approval of policies to retire: https://www.templecloud.org.uk/review-date/retired-april-2022/
22.05_18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Noted: Schedule of council meetings to April 2023 – the second Tuesday of the month, with no meeting in August, to be reviewed again when the majority of members of the council are present.
RESOLVED: Date of next meeting, Annual Parish Council Meeting: Tuesday 14th June 2022, 7.30pm
There being no further business, the Chairman closed the meeting at 21:53
Agreed as a correct record,
signed by the Chairman of the meeting: _______________________ on:_______________
(Chairman initial all other pages)